RECAP: Not every week can be great. Sometimes, the body just needs a break, and this week was one of those weeks. Even though I decided to cut my long run down from 18 to 15 miles, I still feel ok about this week. My left foot which was giving me a lot of trouble last week feel fine now, and I credit that to taking my runs a little easier, and just generally listening to my body.
This week is the final big week before the Vermont City Marathon. If all goes according to plan, I will run 48 miles, including a 22 mile long run this weekend. Then, its taper time! I’m not sure how ready I really am for this race, I feel like I have put in a fair number of miles, but I’ve done zero speed work, and probably didn’t really do enough mileage to go under 4:30 for the race. I’ll write a longer report on what I am hoping to achieve at Vermont later, but for now, what I need to concentrate on is getting through these next couple of weeks without getting hurt, or going crazy.
Anyway, here are the numbers
Work out streak: 123 days; (249 to go)
Run Streak: 75 Days
Average Weight – 183 (one pound less than last week)
Running Miles: 38 miles in 5:41:10 for an average pace of 8:59 pace
Row Meters: 0
Bike Miles: 0
Swim Miles: 0
Body weight exercises and balance work: 0
Total exercise time: ~5:45 hours
Monday – Ran 1 in 8:38
Tuesday – Ran 6 in 51:51
Wednesday – Ran 4 in 31:22
Thursday – Ran 6.5 in 56:28
Friday – Ran 1 in 9:00
Saturday – Ran 15 in 2:22:01
Sunday – Ran 4.5 in 41:50
Goals for Last Week:
1. Pay attention to foot and make sure this isn’t a big deal. – DONE!
2. Pay attention to my daily weight and what I am shoving in my mouth and hopefully lose a pound. – DONE!
3. Increase mid week run- DONE!
4. Exercise for at least six hours. – FAIL
Goals for Next Week:
1. Run at least 45 miles
2. Pay attention to my daily weight and what I am shoving in my mouth and hopefully lose a pound.
3. Exercise for at least six hours
4. Mirror race time and condition in long run including what you’ll eat the night before and the morning of.