What is there to say about my physical year? I did more than I did in 2014, but still not nearly enough. It’s never enough. I could beat myself up over that, but instead, I’ll let the numbers do the talking.
- I ran 1383.6 miles in 2015. That’s about 300 more than in 2014. I was shooting for 2000 (again) and guess what? I failed (again).
- Those 1,383.6 miles were spread across 176 sessions, for an average of 7.85 miles per run. In total, I spent a little over 228 hours running.
- Nearly half my running (631 miles) was done in Prospect Park where I ran 80 different times.
- My longest runs were my two marathons, Vermont City and New York City. I also ran one other race, the Brooklyn Half Marathon.
- For my fortieth birthday this year, E got me a very nice bike. So far, I’ve put 416 miles on it.
- I also put 206.8 miles on my dear old Pista for a total of 622.8 cycling miles in about fifty hours.
Swimming and other stuff
- I swam a bit this year as well, not much, but some. It ended up being only about 5 miles in only about three hours.
- In addition to my running races, I also did the New York City Triathlon, which I loved, and which I hope to do again this year.
- I also did the occasional body weight work, but not enough to really track.
I had high hopes of this year, but again did not meet them. I think in the coming year, I need to revaluate how much time I really have, and how much commitment I genuinely have, and set my goals appropriately. But that’s for a post for a later day.
Leave a Reply