Over the new year, this website reached 100,000 hits. Honestly, when I started it, I never expected that many people would check it out.
By far, the vast majority of visitors to the site are interested in the Boston Qualifier Questionnaire, a project I started after asking a few people in an internet forum about how they trained. It has now blossomed into a kind of slow burning internet thing with over 100 responses, and tens of thousands of views.
Sure, people come here for some other things, the book reviews get some traffic, as do the posts about Divine Madness, and for some reason people remain fascinated by the fitness habits of disgraced generals. But by and large, the popularity of this site (such as it is) is because over 100 strangers (so far!) agreed to share their story of qualifying for Boston with me. Thanks to all of you who have taken part, I know I have learned a lot, and so have many others.
So, what’s next? Starting today, and for the next 100 days, I’m going to be doing something I’m calling 100 Days of Milo where I will be featuring 100 pages and updates for the site, some running related, some not, some new, some long ignored. I’ll be updating this post with a list of the pages as they go live, starting with number one today – the new and improved BQ(Q) Questionnaire.
I hope you enjoy reading this stuff as much as I’ve enjoyed writing and compiling it. Onward!
100 Days of Milo
- The New and Improved Boston Qualifier Questionnaire.
- The Boston Qualifier Questionnaire Spreadsheet
- Data Analysis of Boston Qualifier Questionnaire Part I: Overview
- Data Analysis of Boston Qualifier Questionnaire Part II: Training Plans
- Data Analysis of Boston Qualifier Questionnaire Part III: Speed Work
- Data Analysis of Boston Qualifier Questionnaire Part IV: Cross Training
- The Boston Qualifier Questionnaire — Pros and Legends Responses
- The Boston Qualifier Questionnaire — Most Viewed Responses
- Top Ten Book Reviews
- Top Ten Stand Alone Pages
- The Runnable Bridges of New York City
- The Bridges Project
- Get Outside!
- Peaks and High Points
- Bouldering and Rock Climbing
- Amateur Classicists
- Your Occasional Stoic
- Classical Sources of the Milo Myths
- Friday Inspiration
- Contemporary Takes on Milo
- Representations of Milo in Art
- Interesting Gers
- My Conversion
- The Jock Roll
- Running Streaks
- Boston Qualifier Questionnaire – the Men
- Boston Qualifier Questionnaire – the Women
- Top Ten Most Popular BQ(Q) — the Women
- Top Ten Most Popular BQ(Q) — The Men
- Boston Qualifier Questionnaire — Popular Marathons
- The BQ(Q) Data Analysis Pages
- Running Heroes
- Prospect Park Legends
- Quoth the Runner
- Divine Madness
- Livejournal Archive
- Race Autopsies
- Navel Gazing
- Ancient History
- Art & Culture
- Body Weight Training
- Strength Training