RECAP: 48 miles is a lot of running. Its Tuesday and I am still exhausted. But now its taper time and man am I looking forward to it.
Saturday’s long run started off great, for the first fifteen miles or so, I felt strong and fast. I Rahm Emanuel, I kept a good pace and I was getting a tan. But miles 18-22, wow those sucked. I had to walk a lot in the last two miles, but psychologically, it was very helpful to get in that last long run. Now, I’ll just chill, do a long run of twelve miles this coming weekend and try to watch what I eat to be below 180 by marathon day.
Anyway, here are the numbers
Work out streak: 130 days; (242 to go)
Run Streak: 82 Days
Average Weight – 181 (two pounds less than last week)
Running Miles: 48 miles in 7:23:18 for an average pace of 9:15 pace
Row Meters: 0
Bike Miles: 0
Swim Miles: 0
Body weight exercises and balance work: 0
Total exercise time: ~7:30 hours
Monday – Ran 4 in 33:33
Tuesday – Ran 6.5 in 56:42
Wednesday – Ran 4 in 32:42
Thursday – Ran 6.5 in 57:29
Friday – Ran 3 in 26:49
Saturday – Ran 22! in 3:40:15
Sunday – Ran 2 in 15:48
Goals for Last Week:
1. Run at least 45 miles – DONE!
2. Pay attention to my daily weight and what I am shoving in my mouth and hopefully lose a pound. – DONE!
3. Exercise for at least six hours – DONE!
4. Mirror race time and condition in long run including what you’ll eat the night before and the morning of. – DONE! (Sorta)
Goals for Next Week:
1. Pay attention to my daily weight and what I am shoving in my mouth and hopefully lose a pound or two.
2. Pamper the hamstrings and feet so as to avoid injury down the final stretch
3. Write up plan for tackling the race
4. Don’t freak out.